Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 18:00:43 +0000
From:      Craig Cowen <craig@allmaui.com>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        scanner@jurai.net, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Default Deny

--------------ABCD0CD1D34BCD2C0E0A3EC7

Would either of you take a moment from your bantering to answer a question I
posted please?

I have setup ipf with options  IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK in my kernel.
When using ipnat, I have 'pass in on (private interface) from 192.168.0.0/24 to
any keep state' in my rules.

I have no rules specified for the public interface.
The boxen behind the firewall can surf.

Is this right and why.

Seems to me I have to allow out on the public interface with keep state for it
all to work.

Darren Reed wrote:

> In some mail from scanner@jurai.net, sie said:
> >
> > On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Darren Reed wrote:
> >
> > > You're assuming I have setup access to cvs for FreeBSD for everywhere that
> > > I have access/accounts and that it'll still be on my mind when I'm in a
> > > position to do so.
> >
> >       You have no boxes with your CVS tree running SSH?
>
> Read what I said and then think about it rather than sending
> off a mindless reply.

Craig Cowen
408-394-6673 Cell
craig-pager@allmaui.com

--------------ABCD0CD1D34BCD2C0E0A3EC7

Would either of you take a moment from your bantering to answer a question
I posted please?
to any keep state' in my rules.
for it all to work.
that