Date:      Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:57:59 +0100
From:      Carl Johan Madestrand <cj@vallcom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd@XtremeDev.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A few problems with KDE 2.0

FreeBSD wrote:

> Kent Stewart wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > Is anyone else having problems with the arts sound server or is it just
> > me?
> > Also im unable to logout which was a problem in a previous beta of KDE 2
> > aswell.
>
> I had the same problem. At one point the arts sound server went into a
> continuous loop and I had to kill -9 it (nothing else worked). And yup, I
> couldn't logout of KDE2 either, it would just sit there after I had
> selected logout. I have since pkg_deleted the whole lot and went back to
> KDE 1.x, and I will wait for KDE 2.1. 2.0 release is just way too buggy.

In my case the sound server does not seem to work at all. Does it work for
you or anyone else?
Hmm, one possibly "cosmetic" bug which I noticed is that the version info
still says kde 2.0pre.

Quite a pity because except for these problems KDE 2.0 actually seems pretty
neat. Quite pleased with the Konquerer web browser myself.

--
Carl Johan Madestrand
LoRd_CJ on IRC