Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:37:28 -0800
From:      Mike Sharp <mike_sharp@pacbell.net>
To:        AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Solved? (was Re: Any known bugs in aic7xxx)

Hi,

As a follow-up to my earlier message...

> Finally, after I get that surface mount capacitor soldered back
> onto my 29160 I'll report back as to its behavior in this segregated
> environment.

Unfortunately I'm still experiencing problems using the 29160
adapter -- lots of parity errors & bus resets.  A quick switch back
to the 2940 adapter and everything works fine.

I've tried both the 2.4.0-test10 kernel with the driver it comes with
as well as the 2.4.0-test10 kernel with the alpha version of the new
AIC7xxx driver.  Both exhibit the same problem.

I'm going to have to put this 29160 on the shelf for a while.
I'm getting behind in the work I'm suppose to be doing with this
machine.

    --Mike