Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:12:49 +0000
From:      "W.H.Scholten" <whs@xs4all.nl>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pppd & mkdir diff

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> > 1. a pppd patch which sends the pppd messages to stderr.
>
> not sure about this one, I would open a PR about it.

I'm not sure either :) Maybe everyone else uses gui frontend which reads
pppd's syslog messages or starts pppd as root?

> Ok, I may be misreading this, but this doesn't fix it really:
>
> mkdir /tmp/a/b/c/d/e/f/s
>
> perhaps if you called "stat" in a loop to on each patch component
> until it failed you'd be able to trim off the directory paths
> one by one.

I don't think it's useful for mkdir to check which exact part of the
path of the parent directory does exist. The fix just makes mkdir say
the parent directory doesn't exist (instead of the previously wierd "the
dir you wanted me to create doesn't exist" type of error message :).

Regards,

Wouter