Date:        Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:52:18 +0100
From:      Arjan Knepper <arjan@jak.nl>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Winbond chip (W6692CF)ISDN problems

Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> >From the keyboard of Arjan Knepper:
>
> > I installed the newest version of i4b on a FreeBSD 4.1 release,
> > configured and recompiled the kernel without any problems. But the new
> > ISDN enabled kernel reports several errors and warnings:
> >
> > 1.) i4b-L1 dchan_receive : bad read status 0xb0
> > 2.) i4b-L2 i4b_ph_data_ind : ERROR, I-frame < 6 octets!
> > 3.) i4b-L2 i4b_rxd_u_frame : not mine - UNKNOWN TYPE ERROR, sapi =32,
> > tei=0 frame= 0x81 0x1 0x17 0x0
>
> There were two similar reports on this list and since then (for
> over a month now) i´m using a Winbond based card in my 4.2-stable
> router to connect to two destinations one using userland PPP and
> the other using isp/isppp.

Are the other 2 reporters located in the netherlands aswell? Is it possible there
is a small difference in ISDN protocols used in the european countries?

Could you explain what the error's are supposed to tell me, what do they mean,
what would you check when you receive such errors/warnings.

Thanks,
Arjan Knepper