Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2001 11:10:10 -0500
From:      Kevin Brunelle <kruptos@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount checking for read-only media

> It's not system call but `od' driver does check if the medium is
> writable or not. It returns EACCESS when the mount option is -rw and
> the medium is read-only. `od' is drived from `da' so quick hack will
> do the trick.

This is all for scsi drives. I may not know everything, but I know most
floppies aren't scsi! But, I am sure the problem exists for both. I know
from experience that is exists or did exist for ata drives. I think he
would be more likely to find the code for his problem in the 'ad' driver
files. I could be wrong about this... but I know I had this happen to me
on a computer without scsi equipment before. Of course, if he has a scsi
zip drive as well, then both need to get fixed. ;-)

Kevin Brunelle
--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins,
for they are subtle and quick to anger."