Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2001 23:17:00 -0500
From:      Kenny Drobnack <kdrobnac@columbus.rr.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Handspring.

Do you mean getting FreeBSD ported to the Handspring, or do you mean
using FreeBSD to sync with it?  As for porting FreeBSD to it it sounds
like Brooks knows what he's talking about.  As far as syncing a
Handspring Visor with FreeBSD - dunno. Tried using the coldsync program
which was meant for syncing Palm Pilots, and the coldsync web page
claims that it works with Visors too.  When I run coldsync, I get a
message "Please press the hotsync button" and when I hit the button I
get the message two more times, and then either it locked up or the
whole system locks up.  Same results using a serial cradle instead of
the USB cradle that came with it.  I noticed Linux has a Handspring
Visor driver, not sure what's up with that.