Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 22:40:55 -0500
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_fxp status?

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> Now, the 21143 (which is a pretty nice chip and has available
> documentation and a decent driver, "dc") is discontinued, but there
> are clones which work reasonably well (and are even cheaper, around
> $30 or so at compusa, i think netgear or linksys does one of these
> cards). I'd go with them. No multiport card, at least as far as i know.

Could you tell the exact models ? I know that the SMC cards
and some others are using the same chip as well but apparently they
have some differences in some parts circuitry, so that they need
special support in the driver. So I wonder if you actually got
these Linksys and Netgear cards working with FreeBSD.

-SB