Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2001 15:35:17 -0800
From:      ben <ben@stonehenge-net.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing with extended partitions

my <wonderful> IT department has just decided to install a new image
file on my laptop consisting of 2 different NTFS partitions with
different $PATH variables, (to run 2 different versions of powerbuilder
on) a third for shared stuff, and a small hidden partition with
bootmagic, so the 2 bootable partitions won't mount each other.

i can squeeze these down small enough to still have 4.8 or so gigs for
FreeBSD, but when i use partition magic to set up the last NTFS
partition as a logical partition within an extended partition, FreeBSD's
installer won't see the NTFS partition - it just shows me the extended
whole extended partitionas ad0s4.  is there a way for it to see the
logical partitions? is this a partition magic bug?

thanks

Ben