Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:02:53 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on BookPC

Len Conrad wrote:

> >The FIC "Safari Premium" is about the same size,
> >but much more reliable hardware.
>
> Wes,
>
> Have you looked at their box:
>
> http://www.fic.com.tw/systems/slim/sahara3810/sahara3810feat.asp
>
> It's 2U x 19".
>
> One could shelve 5 of them thin side up in a 19" rack.

Yeah, we have a couple of Sahara's around here too.  The Safari is cheaper
and smaller, and uses a Socket 7 processor -- we use K6-2s, which are now
dirt cheap.  The Safaris we have are quite reliable as well.

We have several of the Genesis boxes as well, booting from CompactFlash.
The newer ones have the IDE header populated, which helps in stuffing
a small disk drive (2.5" x 7mm) inside the box, though heat might be a
problem.

	http://www.fica.com/products/ia/ia.stm

The Aqua (web pad) hasn't been released yet.  I can't wait to get my hands
on that.  Finally, the BathroomBrowser(tm)!