Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:58:18 +0100
From:      Benny Prijono <seventhson@theseventhson.freeserve.co.uk>
To:        Arjan Knepper <arjan@jak.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gcc 2.95.3 and STL

Arjan Knepper wrote:

> Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
>
> > http://www.cuj.com/roundup/a.htm
> >
> > Fast-browsing it seems that conformance visavi STL is not the main focus
> > of this article. It doeas talk about a STL roundup though.
>
> Exactly,
> There isn't a list or table showing the particular issues with the various
> STL (compiler and library) implementations.

mmm, no..no..
According to the magazine/printed version, there are two tests
performed, i.e test to the compilers, and to the STL implementations.
Each C++ compilers were tested with their default STL library, and
tested against the scope of C++ standards, i.e. C++ language, C, and
STL included. And then the second section deals specificly with STL
conformance test. Each STL implementation (STL-Port included) was
tested using the compiler the STL implementors are most confortable
with.

The tests were performed by three C++/STL conformance testers:
Dinkumware, Perennial, and Plum Hall. Perennial and Plum Hall can test
both C++ language and the STL, while Dinkumware can only test the STL
conformance.

> If someone knows a site where the various STL implementations are compared
> with eachother please give a pointer.

The URL + magazine are exactly what you're looking for.
As far as I notice (I only briefly browse the web version though), the
difference between the printed and the online version is, the printed
version has nice summary table of conformance level test results, of
both compilers and STL implementations. The detail results should be
available in the URL (I assume that this is what those zip files are
there for).

cheers,
Bennylp