Date:      Wed, 04 Apr 2001 20:37:57 -0500
From:      Sean Mahrt <bigmouth@pionet.net>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>, aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aic7xxx driver and bios initialization

"Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:

> >I still haven't heard from anybody on the solution for this...  Does seem
> >strange that it's never come up before...
>
> Have you determined if this is an issue with the 6.1.X driver series?
>
> --
> Justin

Sorry for the delay.  It's a real drag when real life starts impeding on my
hobbies!

I assume I must dive into the new kernels.  Using Ben's development kernel
tree with  this information from aic7xxx.c  (can't find the damn version
numbers)

* $Id: //depot/src/aic7xxx/aic7xxx.c#32 $
 *
 * $FreeBSD: src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aic7xxx.c,v 1.61 2000/11/13 03:35:43 gibbs
Exp $

I get this message for each scsi ID.  No drives are connected at all
 scsi2:0:0:0:  Attempting to queue an ABORT message
scsi2:0:0:0:    command already compeleted
7xxx_abort returns 8194

after 2 for this id then I get this message

device set offline- not ready of command retry failed after bus reset
scsi2:0:0:0

I would like to stay with the stable device tree if possible, but I
understand if this needs to be worked out.  This kernel actually identifies
the card as a 3950B, where the linux-pmac-stable tree just has a 39xx series
and reports device not configured...

I don't think I can find anything on my end.  Although 7 years of linux
experience has got me baffled....  Board does power up in a intel box.  Did
not boot kernel on it, just bios...

Sean