Date:      Sat, 07 Apr 2001 22:48:37 -0400
From:      tcn <nospam@videotron.ca>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        leclercn@videotron.ca, freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vinum status

> I think that if it works on the alpha, it'll work on the ia64.  But
> I'm prepared to be proven wrong.

  I don't think that this will be wrong on the ia64.  But I beleive that
there will be a lot more mixups like this one when we will go totally
from 32 to 64 bits.

> that dev_t was defined one way (the POSIX way, so unchangeable) in
> userland, and another way in the kernel.  I still consider this to be
> a bug.

   This is something I don't understand.  Why dev_t is something in
kernel and something else in userland?  POSIX defines dev_t as a uint32,
shouldn't is be the same in kernel?  Like you are saying, this is a bug.

Normand