Date:      Sun, 08 Apr 2001 21:40:25 -0400
From:      Leonard Zettel <zettel@acm.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Boot messages

Sometimes it's the simple things that are hardest.
I am in the early stages of trying to get something up and
running, and I don't know much yet, but am trying hard to learn
from any source I can.  So far I have struck out trying to answer
this question, looking in The Complete Free BSD, the online handbook,
and the FAQ.

So:  When the system boots (it does boot) I get a gazillion messages
streaming by.  When I do scroll lock and up-arrow, what do you know,
the beginning of the display is gone - apparently fallen out of the
buffer.  I really would like to know what *all* the boot messages are.

1) Am I right in thinking they are logged somewhere?  If so, where?
2) Is there a way to increase the number of lines that can be
accessed using the scroll lock technique?  What is it?

Thanks for your patience
  -LenZ-