Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:41:42 -0400
From:      Timothy Reaves <treaves@silverfields.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        aic7xxx <aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: driver / kernel ignores TEST UNIT READY command

Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

>>	My 2.4.4 kernel has this value set at 15000 instead of the default 5000
>>
>>for some reason.  But it is still being ignored. 2.2.18 does not due this.
>>

> How do you know that the test unit ready is being "ignored"?  Have you tried
> a later version of the driver?
>
> --
> Justin

	The driver I am using is  linux-aic7xxx-6.1.13-2.4.4.patch.  I know it is
being igonored because the SCSI software I'm using works under 2.2.18
wonderfully.  It doesn't under 2.4.4. The log files of the two different
runs show that under the 2.4.4 kernel version, it is returning success
immediatly, while it should be either returning an error or waiting for
5 seconds.