Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:32:48 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Steve Dobbs <sdobbs@stupid.com>
Cc:        kstewart@urx.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE2.2 build problems

Steve Dobbs wrote:

> Ok, I have installed portsupgrade, and ran it like you suggested.  I
> tried to build kdebase2 (on both boxes) and I still get the "no such
> file" message.  I tried to install kdelibs2 by itself, and I get an
> error saying that I have KDE1 headers installed and that installing
> this port will result in a conflict between kde1 and kde2.  I don't
> have kde1 installed, so how can I get the kde1 headers?

Hmm, the kde port check for the existance of the file:
/usr/local/include/kfm.h

Presumably if you have this file you have other kde header files.
If the port record is gone from the install, you may have to hand
pick through all of the header files in /usr/local/include starting
with k to determine which ones are for kde1 and delete them by hand.

KDE installs a LOT of header files unfortunatly, so it won't be
particularly easy.  Unfortunatly it's pretty important that you get rid
of those old header files, since they can introduce subtle bugs (or
even straight up crashes) into the program (if you're lucky they'll
just prevent the program from compiling).

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer