Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:42:10 -0500
From:      "Stephen F. Combs" <steve.combs@indsys.ge.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Questions on the Sparc64 port of FreeBSD

General Question..... I have access to an old Ultra1/170E (Ultra1,
167MHz cpu, Creator3D FFB) with aprox. 6 gigs of disk space (3 2.1Gig
drives...).  as an OLD (and I do mean OLD, 52 years....sheesh)...
freebsd user (no I haven't been USING freebsd for 52 years, been using
it since the days of 1.0C/D....) I'd LOVE to have it running on the old
Ultra1.  I've CURRENTY got SuSE Linux on it, but, IF I could get the
START of an FBSD system on it, I'd be willing to do development work to
help make the port usable...  HOW functional is the current image???
i.e. does it support Ultra1 with the HME and onboard SCSI (also have
SBUS SCSI card as well, don't remember the model, but 'tis fast/wide
SCSI...) does it have ANY Creator3D (ffb) device support???

I can be reached at EITHER the 'steve.combs@indsys.ge.com' address OR
(once they FINALLY get my CableModem access fixed...) at
'steve.combs@adelphia.net'...

Not going to have a LOT of time, but got hardware and am willing to
devote some hours/week to the project...
--
Stephen F. Combs
Lead Security Analyst, Global Security/e-Business