Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:40:38 +0300
From:      Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com>
To:        hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>, Chris Mason <mason@suse.com>, Josh MacDonald <jmacd@CS.Berkeley.EDU>, Parity Error <bootup@mail.ru>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org, reiserfs-dev@namesys.com
Subject:   Re: [reiserfs-dev]i Re: metadata update durability ordering/soft updates

Hiten Pandya wrote:

>--- Hiten Pandya <hiten@uk.FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>>So from what you are saying, I can (if I wanted to 8-)) port ReiserFS
>>to FreeBSD, under the GPL License, but that would be of no point,
>>because it cannot be used as a boot FS unless a royalty was paid to
>>the Hans for the rights, right? :)
>>

>Oops, Sorry about that, I mean Hans. :)
>
>  -- Hiten

>Yahoo! Sports - live college hoops coverage
>http://sports.yahoo.com/

I actually don't understand the remark about needing to pay me
royalties.  If you leave the GPL on the code, and don't violate the GPL
by integrating it with non-GPL compatible code, you don't need to pay
me.  You can probably talk me into granting waivers on trivially
incompatible with the GPL licenses.  Where you need to pay me is when
you want someone (yourself or MS or anyone....) to be able to add to
BDS+ReiserFS without making their additions free.

Hans