Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 10:29:19 -0700
From:      Joe Kelsey <joek@mail.flyingcroc.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mozilla and TrueType

As Mozilla creeps toward 1.0, is there a way to automatically enable
TrueType support?  I appreciate that you have included a patch file that
automatically sets the freetype library versions, but how about a make
option to allow setting freetype support to true and also installing a
default TrueType font directory?  It is awfully annoying to always have
to edit unix.js every time I upgrade.

If you specify

make WITH_TRUETYPE_DIR=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType

then is there a way to do a sed on unix.js and set up the initial
truetype support correctly?  I could come up with a sed script to do it,
but what would be the best way to fit it into the standard ports make
system?

/Joe