Date:      Tue, 21 May 2002 18:42:04 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: small problem with gnomepanel-1.521 port

Garrett Rooney wrote:

> hi,
>
> i just started playing around with the gnome2 beta 5 ports last night,
> and i noticed a small problem, so i thought i should bring it to your
> attention.
>
> the gnomepanel port should probably depend on the gnomemedia2 port,
> since by default it tries to embed the gnome-volume-control program,
> which is part of the gnomemedia2 port.  the panel will still work
> without this port, but it will pop up an error message every time it
> starts saying that there was an error finding that program.

Unfortunately you diagnosis is incorrect. Actually, gnomepanel tries
to invoke mixer applet, which is the part of x11/gnomeapplets2 port.
Unfortutanely this port itself depends on gnomepanel, so that we can't
add it into gnomepanel's RUN_DEPENDS, because it would mean circular
dependency.

> thanks for the great work, everything else in then gnome2 ports has
> worked great!

Thanks, really nice to hear!

-Maxim