Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:17:59 -0400
From:      Paul Khavkine <paul@colba.net>
To:        Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
Cc:        sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ultra 1

Jake Burkholder wrote:

> Apparently, On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:53:02AM -0400,
>         Chris Jackman said words to the effect of;
>
> > On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Bob Bomar wrote:
> >
> > > I just aquired an Ultra 1.  I burned the ISO from 4-8-02.
> > > I got to mountroot.  The kernel loaded fine, but when i put
> > >
> > > cd9660:cd0a on the <fstype>:<device> it says:
> > > setrootbyname failed
> > > iso_mountroot: Cant' find rootvp
> > > Root mount failed: 6
> > >
> > > Has anybody tried loading the port on an Ultra 1?
> > > Should I try something else?
> >
> > That's what my ultra 2 does also.  Jake Burkholder has replied previously
> > on the list[1] that the fas scsi controller is not supported (yet?).
> > Google tells me that the ultra 1 also has a fas scsi controller.  Perhaps you
> > could try netbooting it.
>
> If its an ultra 1e with hme you can netboot it; the lance ethernet in
> plain ultra 1s isn't supported either.

I have an Ultra1 that has a couple of LANCE cards and and ESP200 (53c9x) scsi
controller.

For the LANCE cards, we have an lnc dirver for i386, an le driver for i386, we had
before
an le driver for alpha TC bus. They all seem different and all seem to support
some kinda LANCE
based cards. Would any of them be suited for porting to sparc64/sbus or is it
better to port the NetBSD
driver ?

Thanx
Paul