Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 2002 14:50:33 -0400
From:      "Michael C. Cambria" <cambria@fid4.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Where to find a true PCI->PCMCIA Adapter

I'm looking to replace a "dumb" PCI->PCMCIA bridge with one that is a
"true" bridge (see man wi) so I can add/remove the PCMCIA wireless card
as needed.

I've checked man pcic, man wi and a few others, but other than telling
me to avoid things like cards with a PLX chip (which I have now), the
type of info in these docs isn't exactly what vendors advertise on the
side of their boxes.

Is there a way to find out which vendors and models are true PCI->PCMCIA
bridges?  What are others using?

Thanks,
MikeC