Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:06:04 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
Cc:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD PR

Michael Lucas wrote:
> You know, I don't think I kicked this anthill hard enough; not many of
> you are stirring.

The reason is probably that something like this requires a delegation
of authority by the core team to permit someone to speak for the
project.  Otherwise, they are "just another pundit speaking about
the project, not for it or on behalf of it".

Jordan was a good spokesperson because he had core team membership,
and either implicit or explicit delegation of authority.

BTW: updating a FreeBSD web page required a commit bit, and it's
an area commit bit, so you and Arjan's discussion there is a bit
off.

-- Terry