Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:09:51 -0800
From:      Safman <shrbinic@shaw.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Matsushita CD-ROM Trouble

Hello,

I am a new user to FreeBSD and am trying to install it for the first
time.  I  am installing on a hard disk with two partitions: One already
has Windows, the other will soon have FreeBSD.

I want to install FreeBSD using CD's, but it doesn't seem to recognize
my CD drive.  I am installing FreeBSD 4.7, and according to
Hardware.txt, my CD-ROM  drive is supported (Matsushita/Panasonic
CR-563).

I have tried using CLI configuration mode to ">enable matcd0" and got
the following response:
No such device: matcd0
Invalid command or syntax

I know that the CD-ROM drive itself is working because it works fine
when I boot up Windows.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks for the help...

-Safet Hrbinic