Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:06:24 +0000
From:      Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: vinum documentation

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>>yep. like all the others i've found, this deals with fixing problems
>>within the raid itself, not moving a working raid onto a new system
>>(which is effectively what i was doing).
>

> No, it addresses exactly your problem, modulo the fact that your
> plexes were RAID-5.  I'd be interested in what makes you think it's
> different.

ok, i'm obviously not making myself clear...  my problem wasn't
replacing a drive in the RAID, it was replacing the root disk. the
system booted off a seperate stand alone root disk. the RAID is entirely
independant of the root/boot drive.

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995