Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 22:02:29 -0500
From:      David Cuthbert <dacut@kanga.org>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mickey Mouse Power Plug

Benjamin Krueger wrote:
> I want to like Apple. Really I do. But come on, a non-standard *power cord*?
> Are they really that desperate to be the only game in town you can buy a
> power cord from?

Turns out that the "Mickey Mouse" style power plug is in the same family
as the plugs we usually see on the backs of our computers, but rated for
a lower amperage.

It is IEC-320 style C5/C6, whereas the "normal" business equipment
connector is IEC-320 style C13/C14.

http://www.qualtekusa.com/catalog/ac_recept/PDFs/connector.pdf for
pretty pictures of all of these.