Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:07:40 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        dever@getaclue.net, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bystander shot by a spam filter.

Dave Hayes wrote:
> Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:
> > Why?
> > Even unlimited freedom of speech is not a guarantee of an audience.
>
> This is the argument used by people who wish to fool people into
> thinking there is no freedom of speech. I will refrain from addressing
> it here.

Again, why?  I believe in the (acknowledged by the 4th ammendment)
right to free speech.  That doesn't mean that people have to listen
to me, or to take what I say to heart, as if it were gospel.  The
right of someone to proselytize me stops at the point I slam my
front door in their face.

Your argument is that I should not be allowed to close my own door,
or to buy locks for that door from a third party.

> > Do you spend as much energy bitching at your local cable television
> > company for not putting you on the air to voice your philosophy to
> > the masses?
>
> Heavens no, my philosophy is not for everyone. It's only for those who
> are willing to understand. ;)

Understanding is not a guarantee of acceptance or acquiesence.  We
can understand your argument, and still believe you're wrong... I
think that's the part you don't understand... how someone, who has
been exposed to The Wisdom Of Dave(tm) can decide that it's not
something they want to live by...

-- Terry