Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:41:53 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: Misc Questions. (reposted yet again)

Willie Viljoen wrote:
> Some friendly corrections, sorry Bill :-)

Not a problem.  I'd rather be corrected once than be wrong over and over
again.  (That's assuming I'm smart enough to remember the correction ...)

> On Saturday 25 January 2003 20:55, Bill Moran wrote:
>>You'll get better response if you send each question as a seperate email,
>>with an appropriate subject line for each one.  May sound silly, but a
>>lot of people will delete messages with subjects like "Misc Questions"
>>without even reading them.
>
> I'm with you on the subjects, but he's perfectly fine putting it in one
> e-mail, multiple mails would have annoyed me more.

Well, I stated it the way I did because it's in line with this document:
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html
which has been the rulebook on how to use questions@ for as long as I
can remember.

>>pura life CR wrote:
>>
>>>1. Where can i get the source code of the "daemon" saver? I want to know
>>>how the logo can "jump" in the screen.
>>
>>/usr/src/usr.sbin/daemon/
>
> As I pointed out in my previous post, it is at
> /usr/src/sys/modules/syscons/daemon/daemon_saver.c
>
> /usr/src/usr.sbin/daemon contains source for the daemon(8) utility used to
> daemonize a normally non-daemon process.

My mistake.  I didn't fully pay attention to the results of my search, thus
my reply was inaccurate.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies