Date:      Tue, 09 Feb 1999 11:10:35 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        dyson@iquest.net, tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        gsutter@pobox.com, pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New CODA release

At 11:02 AM 2/9/99 -0500, John S. Dyson wrote:

>I agree...  It seems that alot of people (who subscribe to GPL) tend have
>made it into their religion well before they have thought about and realized
>how insidious it is.

So, the question remains: What can we do? What does it PAY to do? I wish
to have options other than Microsoft or GPLed  compilers, utilities, etc.
Commercial products are disappearing as Microsoft and the GPL enter and
destroy markets, and there's only a limited amount of stuff available
under BSD-type licenses. (What's more, more of this code seems to be
falling prey to the GPL virus daily.)

How can I maximize my chances of having a real choice in the future? The
twin pincers of Microsoft and the GPL seem destined to cut off all else
except the relatively small amount of BSD-licensed software that's
out there.

--Brett

"Rules? This is the Internet." -- Dan Gillmor