Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:12:26 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Robert A. Bruce" <rab@pike.cdrom.com>, Dave Yost <Dave@Yost.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, rab@pike.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: The Linux PR firestorm disaster (w.r.t. FreeBSD)

At 04:58 PM 2/28/99 -0800, Robert A. Bruce wrote:

>Seriously, I am working on a chart to hand out at the FreeBSD booth
>at LinuxWorld next week, and I am having a hard time coming up with
>a list of things that FreeBSD does better than Linux.

Easier installs, especially network installs -- and runs the first
time on more platforms.

The FreeBSD Ports collection is the most accessible and easiest to use
library of free software packages in the business.

Better track record with regard to security holes. Survey Bugtraq;
far more Linux bugs than FreeBSD bugs appear.

Unencumbered by the GPL. You can really USE the code!

More and better courseware and documentation out there than for
any other operating system, bar none. Why? Because it's Berkeley
UNIX!

Better drivers -- especially for Intel Etherexpress Pro and other
best of breed cards.

Yahoo and Hotmail use it in preference to Linux.

Can run all of its own software PLUS 99% of all Linux software.

Uses the networking stack upon which all others are based.

And more....

--Brett Glass