Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:55:12 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
Cc:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Distributions: Leveling the playing field

At 08:47 PM 9/13/99 +0200, Phil Regnauld wrote:

>         You know, you might have avoided a lot of friction and
>         gotten supoprt for your cause earlier, if it hadn't taken you
>         so damn long to clearly state what you wanted to do.

But I did! In fact, I first mentioned the concept more than a month
ago. No forks -- and nothing that would hurt the development project.

>         You may unfortunately already have pissed off many people on the lists
>         by now.

There are, indeed, some people who are annoyed by all the traffic, if not
the content. And a few people who have attacked me personally. But I hope
that, when they see that I'm trying to do some good stuff which is in fact
similar to what Walnut Creek is already doing, they'll come around. Who
knows? Maybe even some of those who are so angry at me will forgive me
(though I might have to find a way to bribe them. ;-)

--Brett