Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:48:03 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        alk@pobox.com, gary@eyelab.psy.msu.edu
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On hub.freebsd.org refusing to talk to dialups

Our community network's mail server refuses connections from dialups, and
this has cut our spam by about 80-90%. Many ISPs also firewall outgoing TCP
sessions on port 25 to prevent "hit and run" spam from throwaway accounts.

Neither is an ideal solution, but until authenticated mail becomes widespread,
there will be no better methods for avoiding spam.

See http://maps.vix.com/dul/

--Brett