Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:08:03 -0600
From:      Jon Noack <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        "Julian St." <der_julian@web.de>
Cc:        "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: hw.crusoe sysctl missing

On 2/19/2004 5:03 PM, Julian St. wrote:
> I just updated my Transmeta Crusoe(tm) Laptop to -CURRENT as of
> yesterday and noticed that all the hw.crusoe variables are gone. This
> breaks e.g. wmlongrun, a dockapp to display current CPU clock speed.
>
> Anything I could have done? I did not nothing besides adding VESA to my
> old kernel config.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/conf/NOTES
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/i386/identcpu.c
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/i386/longrun.c

Add the following to your kernel config file and build/install kernel:
options 	CPU_ENABLE_LONGRUN

 From the commit log:
"Move LongRun support out of identcpu.c, where it hardly belongs, into
its own file and make it opt-in, not mandatory, depending on
CPU_ENABLE_LONGRUN config option."

Jon