Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:49:53 -0500
From:      "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste@ste-land.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ntpd question

I run ntpd to keep my server's time in sync with a remote server. In my
"netstat -a" output, I see:

Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
udp4       0      0  localhost.ntp          *.*
udp4       0      0  peter.ntp              *.*
udp4       0      0  *.ntp                  *.*

I'm not running an ntp server, and would like these entries to go away.
I've looked at the ntpd man page and haven't been able to find any
option to tell it not to attach to ports. How can I do this? TIA.

	-ste