Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:08:22 -0800
From:      "Paul D. Schmidt" <pds@uberhacker.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to fix stale dependencies?

Hello,

While doing a "portversion -l '<'" on a new box this morning, I got this
error:

Stale dependency: portupgrade-20040325_1 --> openssl-0.9.7d --
manually run 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.

What is the proper way to fix this error within pkgdb -F? (other than
deleting the depencency)

I know these sometimes come up because packages have moved, but
security/openssl is still there...

(It has the same stale dependency (on openssl) for ruby if I skip the
first one too...)

Thanks,
-Paul