Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:23:30 -0600
From:      Lloyd Hayes <wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD weakness.

I finally decided that I needed to get more information on FreeBSD. I
got it up and running, then I did something else and I start getting
errors again....

So I just ordered 3 books on FreeBSD from Amazon. In most of the reviews
posted there about the books, people were complaining about weak
documentation, too much information about things that they were not
interested in, and errors in the in the books which seems to be the most
common complaint. In my very short recent history with FreeBSD, I've
formed the opinion that documenting FreeBSD is it's greatest weakness.
FreeBSD needs someone who can actually type to write a good book for
beginners who have never seen UNIX code. A book is needed with examples
that actually WORK! Examples that are explained in plain English. There
seems to be very few books on FreeBSD around.

I have decided that it is a very good operating system which I need to
learn more about. And yes, I have all of the links that everyone sent
me. Thanks for all of the info.

--

Lloyd Hayes

Email: wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com