Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:11:16 +0100
From:      Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD kompakt

--Apple-Mail-47-50457130
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Hello all,

as promised, I've extracted the tinybsd related files from my current
environment. Currently I build images with less than 6 MB disk space
used. This is the bare minimum, of course. You can boot, log in, have
a shell (/bin/sh only) and that's it. Cron, syslog and the likes
should work.

The main reason why I'm sending this is, I modified tinybsd pretty
hefty, resulting in an almost-rewrite. Nevertheless, everything works
as before, just a lot faster: kernel is built on demand only, the
remaining part takes about 20 seconds. Additionally, the full file
hierarchy is left aside, directories are created as needed. For more
details I've left some comments in the script.

Please let me know what you think about this and which parts I should
extract as a precise patch for inclusion in FreeBSD.

--Apple-Mail-47-50457130

Cheers,
MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter