Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:14:44 -0600
From:      Kendall Gifford <jedi@infowest.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: missing ports; portsdb problem

Bill Sawyer wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I had the same problem.  I think it was a tk port, if I recall correctly.
>
> The only way I could fix it was to rm -drv /usr/ports & rm my refuse file, then cvsup again.  After that, portsdb -Uu ran properly (though it took forever).

I had the same problem recently since I was blocking all non-english
ports in my refuse file. Just as was mentioned above, I removed it.

But, I didn't bother to remove my recently cvsup'ed ports collection
(sans other lang). I just edited my refuse file to allow alternate
lang ports back in and re-cvsup'ed. Afterward, my portsdb -uU also
succeeded.

So, basically what I'm saying is that I'd try the above recommendation
but without rm-ing /usr/ports. This should save some download time.
Plus, if for some reason it doesn't work, you can always clean out your
ports dir later.

--
Kendall Gifford
WEB:   http://kendall.jedis.com/