Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:26:29 -0400
From:      adam <antadam@spymac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anti Virus

>Does anyone know of some good antivirus software for FreeBSD?

I'm a rather large proponent of ClamAV.  They've always seemed to have
anti-virus definitions up to date rather quickly, which is less than i
can say for corporate editions of norton.  The W32.Beagle.AO@mm worm
didn't have a correct catch or fix until the day after it was out.  The
original revision released maybe 9 or so hours after the worm made
decent progress didn't work.  Keep in mind, I'm not dogging on Norton.
It's by far one of my favorite av's to run in winbloze machines.

<Sales Pitch>Either way, for ClamAV, you'd figure if it's good enough
for the SourceForge.net
mail servers that it's probably good enough for home users.</Sales Pitch>