Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:18:42 -0700
From:      "Gravel, Emmanuel (AZ77)" <Emmanuel.Gravel@CAS.honeywell.com>
To:        "'isp@freebsd.org'" <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD and Oracle

This may at first not seem to be related to ISP matters, but in my case it
will be.
I'll want to tie up CGI's to an oracle database, to be able to have the
power behind
oracle.  The amount of info I'll be dealing with will be large to begin
with, and will
only grow very quickly, so I don't want to have to reinvent the whell when
something
already exists.  The only problem is I don't know if Oracle has a version
out for
FreeBSD yet.  I know they have software for many other platforms (and very
shortly
including Linux) but I haven't found anything yet for FreeBSD.  I don't have
much
experience with Oracle and my learning curve will be steep, but I'd rather
learn
something solid running on something just as solid and secure, rather than
have
to deal with things I don't trust (i.e. M$) or creating something which will
prove
unreliable in the long run.

In essence, I'd like to know where I can find a version of Oracle for
FreeBSD...
Any info (or suggestions) will be greatly appreciated.

Emmanuel