Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 2004 10:24:35 -0700
From:      Aaron Dalton <aaron@daltons.ca>
To:        Tom Hukins <tom@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Perl and Module::Install

Tom Hukins wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 12:56:35PM -0700, Aaron Dalton wrote:
>
>>I am pretty new to Perl module porting and for the first time have come
>>across a module that uses Module::Install in Makefile.PL.  Now if I
>>manually do the standard:
>>$ perl Makefile.PL
>>$ make
>>$ make install
>>
>>it builds and installs fine.  Obviously the port tree make does
>>something different.  I use the same Makefile as for other ports but
>>when I go to build I get the following error:
>

> Can you post the Makefile you use?  Without showing us what you're
> doing, it's hard to know where you're going wrong.
>
> My best guess is that you haven't set PERL_CONFIGURE in your port's
> Makefile.
>
> Tom

The Makefile I have is as follows.  I double checked and I indeed have
tabs and not just spaces between everything.  Thanks for the help!

Aaron

--snip comments--
PORTNAME=       Email-Obfuscate
PORTVERSION=    1.13
CATEGORIES=     devel perl5
MASTER_SITES=   ${MASTER_SITE_PERL_CPAN}
MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=     Email
PKGNAMEPREFIX=  p5-

MAINTAINER=     aaron@daltons.ca
COMMENT=        Obfuscates email addresses

PERL_CONFIGURE= yes

MAN3=	Email::Obfuscate.3

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

.include <bsd.port.post.mk>