Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:28:15 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Adam <adam@jamradar.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why reccomend Bash shell?

Adam wrote:

>In Greg Lehey's book "The Complete FreeBSD" he reccomends changing
>the default shell for users to bash shell. -p. 94
>
>What are the Pro's/Con's of using bash as opposed to the other shells?
>
>Thanks,
>Adam

I like a .30-06 for deer, antelope, etc, .762[mm] for terrorists, and a
.340 Weatherby magnum for big game (cape buffalo, elephant, etc,
where legal). The Weatherby is also great for moose and elk with a
Nosler 210 gg. partition bullet and a good high-velocity powder. :-D

Now, seriously, are you trying to start a jihad?  And didn't Grog
explain himself --- curious, if not...

Bash is an improvement on sh; tcsh is an improvement on
csh, and there are others, generally spawned when someone
wanted to add a feature or steal one from someone else.

# man sh
# man csh
# man bash (if it's installed)
# man tcsh
#lynx http://www.google.com/
# echo "Don't start holy wars!" | mail -s "Just a little advice"
adam@jamradar.com

My $0.02, ;-)

Kevin Kinsey