Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:54:05 +0000
From:      Jimmy <freebsd@oranged.to>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD x86 vs x86-64 Questions about Security

Hello,

I Am interested to know several questions..

- Currently I am using FreeBSD x86-64 I have compiled the majority of my
applications up using the right compiler flags to support the 64bit OS.
Is there any way within the Operating system that I can turn off 32bit
support?

- Are applications that have been compiled for the amd-64 platform still
vulnerable to x86 style attacks because of the backwards compatability
mode? (eg remote buffer overflows in say.. openssh?).

Thanks