Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:48:13 -0500
From:      Bob Ababurko <bob@phreakout.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to configure a port for install

Hello-

I am trying to figure out how to configure the ports....what I am trying
to do is add mhash to my system that a new script needs and I have to
add the --with-mhash=[dir] when I compile php.  Well I installed php
with the ports and I am hoping to reinstall it with this added.  I have
tried to add it to the Makefile under the configure options, but I got
an error that said: "Unassociated shell command".  That obviously is not
the right way.

Can someone please direct me in doing this, if it is indeed possible.

thanks,
Bob