Date:      Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:21:31 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ufsstat implementation

I've been looking at the ufs code, and thinking about wedging in some
statistic gathering pieces pretty much copied from the nfs code (and
nfsstat) to provide nearly the same functionality.

I realize that adding statistic gathering code would techinically reduce
filesystem performance, so should I put a wrapper around the code pieces
checking a sysctl, or use #ifdef's around it, or neither?

Also - am I going about this the right way, or is there a better way to
record these statistics?

Thanks!
Eric