Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:00:24 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: O'Reilly article: Whence the Source: Untangling the Open Source/Free Software Debate

> Only if FreeBSD is properly marketed will it achieve a significant
> profile. I'd be delighted to start a marketing team. But will I
> get support from Walnut Creek and TPTB?

I think we're still looking for a marketing person who doesn't manage
to offend quite so many people, to absolutely frank about it.  You're
quite effective at marketing, Brett, but your history at inspiring
both love and hate has swung just a little too far in each direction
and I sort of look at you as a Josef Goebbels - a highly effective
speaker and good motivator but also an out-of-control time bomb that
I don't want to be anywhere near when it goes off. :)

- Jordan