Date:      Wed, 02 Mar 2016 12:37:52 +0100
From:      Ilya Bakulin <ilya@bakulin.de>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        Shawn Webb <shawn.webb@hardenedbsd.org>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, imp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the RaspberryPi 3

On 2016-03-01 03:07, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Someone ordered me one, so I can take a crack at the broadcom sdio
> bits.
>
> It'll require the ARM SDIO driver to first work..

Actually SDIO support I'm working on is not ARM-specific, it can work
with any SDHC driver FreeBSD already has support for.

With the release of RPi3 I'm kinda feel really motivated to finish SDIO
implementation ASAP. I've already ordered one board yesterday.

Anyone who wants to track progress just keep an eye on
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D4761.
Short summary: my stack is already able to init SDIO cards and do data
transfers. I need to implement some missing bits, but it's in a good
shape.

I'm doing this work in my spare time, so cannot make any promises,
though.

--
Ilya