Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:02:18 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Derkjan de Haan <derkjan@haanjdj.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        tmseck@netcologne.de, timur@gnu.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: squid, samba startup scripts fail to run from base system rcorder

Derkjan de Haan wrote:
> All,
>
> I run RELENG_6 on my system, and cvs-upping today, I noticed that samba
> and squid fail to start properly.

I tried squid, and it worked for me without any alterations. I haven't tried
samba yet, but I don't see anything terribly wrong with the boot script
(although really it would be better to separate the two parts into two
different scripts).

Derkjan, have you tried adding the "REQUIRE: localpkg" to the boot scripts
as I suggested?

Doug