Date:      Sun, 15 Jan 2006 04:34:13 +0100
From:      Karel Miklav <karel.miklav@siol.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Instalation problem on ThinkPad X40 without peripherials

I've spent this night trying to install FreeBSD 6.0 on a ThinkPad X40
notebook. The problem is, I've got it without any removable storage so
I first tried to boot from the USB memory key.

I've build a bootable USB key with FAT filesystem using utility from HP
(http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqdt/us/download/20306.html).
Then I copied the contents of the bootonly ISO and contents of
ftp://.../pub/FreeBSD/tools/bsdboot to it, booted DOS and entered:

tools\bsdboot -f boot\kernel\kernel

This started the boot proces which printed some numbers and crashed
after two or three seconds.

If someone has any idea what could be wrong, how can I do it another
way or something, I'd be very glad to hear about it.

--

Regards,
Karel Miklav