Date:      Sun, 15 Jan 2006 00:24:55 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Distfiles and FTP Traffic-Shaping

Stefan Walter wrote:

> MASTER_SORT_REGEX already exists. From my /etc/make.conf:

Interesting. How would you teach this to avoid a certain site?
Unfortunately, the first site in the sourceforge mirror list has an IPv6
address, but fetch can't talk to it for some reason, so my connection hangs
for a while before that site times out and another is tried. I tried the
following, which I didn't think would work, and was not disappointed. :)

Doug

MASTER_SORT_REGEX?=\
         ://ftp.\.FreeBSD\.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/ \